1. Patience and application will carry us through. 忍耐和专心会使我们度过难关。
2. Every man is the architect of his own fortune. 每一个人都是自身幸福的建筑师。
3. The honest man takes pains, and then enjoys pleasure. 正直的人先经历痛苦，然后享受欢乐。
4. All mankind are beholden to him that is kind to the good. 行善者，人人铭记之。
5. Love is hard to get into, but harder to get out of. 爱很难投入，但一旦投入，便更难走出。
6. Be honest rather clever. 诚实比聪明更要紧。
7. Better an empty purse than an empty head.宁可钱袋瘪，不要脑袋空
8. Genius only means hard-working all one's life. 天才只意味着终身不懈的努力。
9. The man who has made up his mind to win will never say impossible. 凡是决心取得胜利的人绝不说不可能。
10. A good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters.一个好母亲相当于百个好老师。
11. A mother's voice is the most beautiful sound in the world.
12. If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.
13. All things in their being are good for something.天生我才必有用.
14. Life lies not in living but in liking.生活的意义并不在于活着,而在于爱好人生.
15. Sloth turneth the edge of wit.懒散能磨去才智的锋芒。
16. Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance完成伟大的事业不在于体力，而在于坚韧不拔的毅力。
17. Rough is the road that leads to the heights of greatness.通往巅峰的路必定崎岖不平。
18. All what you do, do it with your might; things done by halves are never done right.做一切事情都应尽力而行，半途而废永远不行。
19. If fate means you to lose, give him a good fight anyhow.如果命运要你失败，无论如何要同它进行坚决的斗争。
20. In life's earnest battle they only prevail, who daily march onward and never say fail.在严肃的人生奋斗中，惟有日日前行、永不言败的人才能获胜。